Migas is a Tex-Mex breakfast specialty. Courtesy of TheSmartKitchenblog.com
Grilled Vegetable Tortilla Chips
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp. ground cumin or more, to taste
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder or more, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 oz. Wholesome Goodness® tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk)
Drain tofu and press between multiple layers of paper towels. Crumble tofu into a small mixing bowl. Mix tofu with seasonings and set aside.
In a medium frying pan, sauté (or steam) onion, garlic, and bell peppers until softened, adding in a pinch of salt, cumin, and chili powder. Stir in tofu mixture and cook 1-2 minutes.
Crumble in tortilla chips; mix well. Pour in almond milk a little at a time, just until tortilla chips begin to soften. Cook 3-5 minutes, seasoning as necessary.
Serve warm, with salsa and guacamole.