The traditional “Waldorf Salad” was originally a combination of apples, celery, and walnuts on a bed of greens and dressed in mayonnaise. Over the years, though, people have modified and played with the traditional recipe to play up certain flavors or make the salad healthier.
For our pear salad version, we subbed pear for apple (obviously) and tomatoes for the celery. We topped all of this with our cranberry orange dressing to hint at the cranberry sauce that will inevitably be enjoyed a little later in the meal.
Another salad that’s super easy to make, you can make this instead of our in addition to the endive salad and forget it as you focus on the other more labor-intensive parts of your spread.
Fall Pear Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: None
- 1/2 bag of salad greens
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Wholesome Goodness® Cranberry Orange Dressing
- Add half the bag of mixed greens into a salad bowl.
- Core and thinly slice the pear and add to bowl.
- Add the Yukon Trail Mix to the bowl.
- Add the goat cheese to the bowl.
- Add the cranberry orange dressing and toss to coat. Alternatively, you can serve the dressing on the side and allow guests to dress their own salad.