A Thanksgiving dinner is only as good as its sides. Even the most basic turkey can be helped along by tasty and fun side dishes. We’ve spent the last couple of weeks in the kitchen experimenting with all kinds of side dishes, from the traditional to the new and different. This recipe for roasted brussels sprouts is among our favorites. You can make adjustments according to your taste, and if you just follow the simple ratio it scales up (or down) super easily.
With this dish on the table, no one will complain about brussels sprouts ever again!
Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Goodness® Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 Tbsp sambal oelek chili paste (you can find some here if it’s not in your local store)
- Optional: Wholesome Goodness® Sea Salt Kettle-Cooked Potato Chips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the stems off of the sprouts and cut in half.
- In a bowl, toss in the olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add sprouts to a roasting dish and cook for about 20 minutes, until the outsides start to brown.
- Once the sprouts are done, mix the dressing and the sambal oelek together in a large bowl.
- Add the sprouts and toss to coat.
- If you wish, in another bowl crush up the potato chips (a couple handfuls worth) and then toss the sprouts in the crushed chips to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!