If you’re anything like us, when you think of entertaining a group of people, your mind immediately goes to salsas and dips. Salsa is always an easy crowd-pleaser and they’re generally simple to make. If you’re really in a pinch, there’s always our jarred Garden Style Salsa and Pineapple Salsa. However, if you have a little more time, you can make this chunkier, chutney-style pineapple and avocado salsa and pair it with our brand new Sweet Chili and Omega Tortilla Chips.
You may want to double the recipe, because it’s sure to have people crowded around the table at every break in the action!
Pineapple Avocado Salsa
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: none
Serves about 8
- 1 bag of Wholesome Goodness® Sweet Chili & Omega Tortilla Chips
- 1 Tbsp Wholesome Goodness® Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 8oz can of chopped pineapple (drained of excess liquid)
- Alternately, you can chop a fresh pineapple, for this you’ll use about half of the useable flesh of the pineapple.
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup julienned or matchstick carrots
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocado, tomatoes, carrots, onion, pineapple, garlic and balsamic vinaigrette until well combined.
- Pour the chips out into a large bowl.
- Set them out and serve (and maybe grab a little for yourself before it’s all gone).