Getting a leg up on your filling start to your morning is a crucial part of being at your best for the challenges ahead of you in your day. However, if we’re being honest, we’ve certainly had mornings where those extra few minutes of sleep were irresistible. It’s on those mornings when we wish we had had the foresight to make something the night before.
These hasty oats are meant to cook in a slow cooker on low for about 8 hours, but if need be you can let them set a little longer and get a couple of extra z’s in.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Serves about 8
- 2 packets Wholesome Goodness® Apple with Cinnamon Multigrain Instant Hot Cereal
- 3 cups (3/4 carton) Wholesome Goodness® Original Almond Drink
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 large granny smith apple, chopped
- In a medium-sized pot, combine instant hot cereal, almond milk and salt and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and heat for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, honey and spices and contain with batter in the pot.
- Scrape into slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve in individual portions and top with fresh, chopped apples.