St. Patrick’s Day isn’t the only thing putting is in the mood for recipes from the Emerald Isle this March. With sunshine starting to peak out from behind the clouds after the long winter we’re coming out of here in Chicago, people around the city are starting to gear up for more sunshine, warmth, and time at the beach.
With that, the traditional fish and chips has been on our mind for the better part of two weeks. As ever, around our offices we’re always trying to find ways to make our favorite foods a little bit healthier and this time it’s no different. Marinated in our balsamic dressing, which is fat-free and packs only 5 calories per serving, and coated in our trans fat-free sea salt and vinegar kettle chips, these baked tilapia filets pack a ton of a flavor that you can actually feel pretty good about!
Did we mention they’re super simple to make (and are totally grease-burn free)? Check it out below!
Toaster Oven Fish ‘n’ Chips
Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus overnight marinade)
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Serves about 4
- 1/2 bottle Wholesome Goodness® Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 bag Wholesome Goodness® Sea Salt & Vinegar Kettle Chips
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tilapia filets (roughly .25-.33 lbs each)
- Malt vinegar and/or fresh lemon on the side
- Pull or cut the filets into two strips each.
- Place the filets in a large freezer bag and add the balsamic dressing. Seal and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, take the filets out of the refrigerator ahead of time to allow them to come up to room temp.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 375º F.
- In the meantime, add the 1/2 bag of kettle chips to the bowl and crush them with your hands.
- In a smaller bowl, add the egg whites.
- Coat each filet in egg whites and then roll in the crushed chips, coating each side.
- Arrange each filet next to each other on aluminum foil or on a toaster tray. You may have to do two separate batches.
- Bake each batch for about 20 minutes, flipping once. The tops of the chips should be golden brown.
- Top with fresh lemon juice or malt vinegar, as preferred, and enjoy!